With only 10 days to explore Japan, it’s important to focus on the country’s most iconic destinations. Here are some of the must-see places that I recommend:
- Tokyo: Spend at least 3-4 days in the capital city of Japan to experience its vibrant culture, food, and history. Visit the Imperial Palace, Meiji Shrine, Sensoji Temple, and the Tsukiji Fish Market.
- Kyoto: This ancient city is home to many temples, gardens, and shrines, and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Japanese culture. Don’t miss the Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kinkaku-ji Temple, and Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
- Hiroshima: The city is known for its tragic history, but it’s also home to beautiful parks and historic landmarks. Visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, Hiroshima Castle, and Miyajima Island.
- Osaka: The food capital of Japan, Osaka is famous for its street food, shopping, and nightlife. Don’t miss the Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, and Universal Studios Japan.
- Nara: Nara is home to some of the oldest and most significant temples in Japan, including Todaiji Temple and Kasuga Taisha Shrine. It’s also famous for its wild deer that roam freely in the city.
- Mount Fuji: Japan’s iconic mountain is a must-see for anyone visiting the country. Take a day trip from Tokyo to see Mount Fuji up close, or take a scenic train ride on the Fuji Excursion.
- Takayama: Located in the Japanese Alps, Takayama is a charming old town known for its traditional architecture and sake breweries. Don’t miss the Takayama Jinya government house and the Hida Folk Village.
- Hakone: Located near Mount Fuji, Hakone is famous for its hot springs and scenic views of the mountain. Take a boat ride on Lake Ashi and relax in one of the many onsen (hot springs) in the area.
These are just some of the top destinations to see in Japan in 10 days. Of course, there are many other places to explore, depending on your interests and preferences.