National Guard VA Home Loan
The National Guard is a branch of the United States military that plays an important role in defending the country and supporting local communities. Members of the National Guard may be eligible for a VA home loan, which is a type of mortgage that is guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of a National Guard VA home loan, the eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
Benefits of a National Guard VA Home Loan
There are several benefits to getting a National Guard VA home loan, including:
- No down payment: With a VA home loan, you don’t have to make a down payment, which can be a significant savings.
- Competitive interest rates: VA home loans typically have lower interest rates than other types of mortgages.
- No private mortgage insurance (PMI): Unlike other types of mortgages, VA home loans don’t require PMI, which can save you money on your monthly mortgage payment.
- Easier to qualify: Because VA home loans are guaranteed by the government, they may be easier to qualify for than other types of mortgages.
Eligibility for a National Guard VA Home Loan
To be eligible for a National Guard VA home loan, you must meet certain requirements. These requirements include:
- Service requirements: You must have served at least 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime, or 181 days of active service during peacetime.
- Honorable discharge: You must have received an honorable discharge.
- Eligibility certificate: You must have a VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Credit and income requirements: You must meet certain credit and income requirements to qualify for a VA home loan.
How to Apply for a National Guard VA Home Loan
If you’re interested in getting a National Guard VA home loan, there are several steps you need to take:
- Obtain your Certificate of Eligibility: You can apply for your COE online, through a VA-approved lender, or by mail.
- Find a VA-approved lender: You’ll need to find a lender that participates in the VA home loan program.
- Get pre-approved: Before you start looking for a home, it’s a good idea to get pre-approved for a VA home loan. This will give you an idea of how much house you can afford.
- Start house hunting: Once you’re pre-approved, you can start looking for a home that meets your needs and budget.
- Apply for the loan: Once you find a home you want to buy, you’ll need to apply for the VA home loan through your lender.
If you’re a member of the National Guard and you’re interested in buying a home, a VA home loan can be a great option. With no down payment, competitive interest rates, and no PMI, a VA home loan can help you save money and make homeownership more affordable. To apply for a National Guard VA home loan, you’ll need to meet certain eligibility requirements and take several steps, including obtaining your Certificate of Eligibility and finding a VA-approved lender.
- FHA Loan Foreclosure Waiting Period
- Tax Debt Relief Programs
- Does Opening a Checking Account Affect Credit?
- Maximum FHA Loan Amount
- Will Refinancing Hurt My Credit?
- VA Home Loans specialist
- How long does a Credit card balance transfer take?
- Cost to Refinance Home loan?