Hugh Jackman Biography, Wife, Age, Height, Weight, and many more details can be checked from this page. Hugh Jackman net worth is estimated to be around $190 million. Hugh is an award-winning actor and producer of remarkable versatility, involved in film, musical theatre, and television. He gained limelight after playing the role of Wolverine in the X-Men film series from 2000 to 2018, a role for which he holds the Guinness World Record for “longest career as a live-action Marvel superhero”. Hugh earned $20 million per movie as a base salary before backend participation.
As of 2022, his annual income is around $10 million. The primary source of his income comes through his movies, brand promotions, advertisements, and TV appearances. In this article, we will give all the details about Hugh Jackman’s net worth, income, personal life, career, etc.
Hugh Jackman Biography
Hugh Michael Jackson popularly known as Hugh Jackman was born on 12th October 1968 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. He was born to Grace McNeil and Christopher John Jackman and had immigrated in 1967 to Australia. Hugh has grown up with four older siblings and a younger half-sister from his mother’s remarriage. After his parents divorced when he was eight years old, Jackman remained in Australia with his father and two brothers, while his mother moved back to England with his two sisters.
To complete his studies he went to all-boys Knox Grammar School, in Sydney’s Upper North Shore. While getting his degree, he studied at the University of Technology, Sydney. He got BA in Communications in 1991.
Hugh was interested in drama since childhood hence took admitted in completed a one-year course at the Actors’ Centre in Sydney, and continued his education at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts of Edith Coward University, graduating in 1994.
Talking about his personal life, Jackman married actress Deborra-Lee Furness in April 1996. The pair had first met on the set of the television show “Correlli”. After Furness suffered two miscarriages, they adopted their children Oscar Maximillian and Ava Eliot.
|Full Name:||Hugh Michael Jackman|
|Age:||53 years old|
|Birth Date:||12 October 1968|
|Birth Place:||Sydney, Australia|
|Wife/Spouse (Name):||Deborra-Lee Furness (m. 1996)|
|Children:||Yes (Oscar Maximilian Jackman, Ava Eliot Jackman)|
|Profession:||Actor, singer, and producer|
|Net Worth in 2022:||$190 million|
Hugh Jackman Career
In 1995, Jackman was offered a role on the Australian series “Correlli”. He then moved on to stage musicals in 1996, acting in productions of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Sunset Boulevard”. His early film projects include “Erskineville Kings” (1999) and “Paperback Hero” (1999), and television appearances on shows like “Law of the Land” and “Blue Heelers”.
Jackman first became known outside of Australia when he starred in the Royal National Theatre’s 1998 production of “Oklahoma!” in London’s West End. His performance earned him an Olivier Award nomination for Best Actor in a Musical, and in 1999 he starred in a film version of the stage musical.
His true international breakthrough came in 2000 when he starred as Wolverine in the Marvel superhero film “X-Men” alongside Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, and James Marsden. “X-Men” was a box-office success, earning $296 million USD, and for his performance, Jackman earned a Saturn Award for Best Actor.
Some of his famous roles in movies are:
- 2002- Reprised the role of Wolverine in the sequel films “X2”
- 2006- “X-Men: The Last Stand”
- 2009- The prequel “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”
- 2013- “The Wolverine”
- 2014- “X-Men: Days of Future Past”
- 2017- “Logan”
Jackman earned a Guinness World Record for “Longest Career as a live-action Marvel superhero”.
- 2001: “Kate & Leopold”, received a Best Actor Golden Globe Nomination; “Swordfish”
- 2003-2004: “The Boy from Oz”, he won the Tony Award for Outstanding Actor
- 2006: “The Prestige”
- 2008: “Australia”, film adaption of the musical “Les Misérables”
- 2017: “The Greatest Showman”, he received a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, and also won a Grammy Award for Best Soundtrack Album.
Highlights of his career:
- “A Steady Rain” (September – December 2009) with Daniel Craig;
- His own one-man show at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco in (May 2011)
- The show “Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway” (October 2011 – January 2012) at the Broadhurst Theatre
- A Broadway production of the play “The River” (October 2014 – February 2015) at the Circle in the Square Theatre
- A national tour of Australia with his show “Broadway to Oz” (November – December 2015).
Social Media Accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
Hugh Jackman’s net worth is estimated to be around $190 million.
As of 2022, his annual income is around $10 million. The primary source of his income comes through his movies, brand promotions, advertisements, and TV appearances.
Hugh is an award-winning actor and producer of remarkable versatility, involved in film, musical theatre, and television.
Hugh Jackson was born on 12th October 1968 and is currently 53 years old.
- Hugh Jackman – Wikipedia | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman
- Hugh Jackman – IMDb | https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413168/
- Hugh Jackman | Biography, Films, Musicals, & Facts | https://www.britannica.com/biography/Hugh-Jackman